Petition for Waiver or Exception of College Academic Regulations

Any requests for waivers or exceptions to the graduate academic policies and regulations stated in the Graduate Catalog must be submitted as a written petition to the Dean of Graduate Studies. The petition will be reviewed by the Graduate Council, Dean of Graduate Studies, and/or Academic Vice President, as appropriate. A written response will be returned to petitioning students.


Appeals of decisions pertaining to a graduate student's program may be initiated by the student and addressed to the Dean of Graduate Studies. The student should submit a dated and signed letter which addresses:

  • The decision being appealed
  • Date of decision being appealed
  • Justification for the appeal
  • Desired outcome.